Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The demand for purifiers has increased more particularly due to smaller kids and senior citizens

In the wake of Delhi-NCR region reeling under record breaking pollution levels, the sale of air purifying equipment such as air purifiers and N-95 masks has escalated manifold during last three days in Indirapuram.
The demand of air purifiers (http://www.air-purifier.cn) is soaring at an all time high in the market and their immediate availability is out of stock. “The demand for air purifiers has increased in the last three days especially in the last two days. We have sold more than 15 pieces today itself and almost a dozen of them have been booked in advance as well,” said Dheeraj, a salesman.
The demand for air purifiers has increased more particularly due to smaller kids and senior citizens, who are the worst hit in this air pollution crisis. “I am buying this purifier for sake of my mother who is 60 years old. She has been complaining of respiratory problems for the last two-three days and has been coughing a lot,” said P Verma, customer and resident of Ashiana Upavan, Indirapuram, who was browsing at an electronic store.
“I have two kids, who are 10 and 6 years old. I live on 13th floor and the effect of smog has been bothering my family for long. I had bought this air purifier yesterday itself,” said another customer.
“I was in an urgent need so I thought of coming to a retail store like CROMA, otherwise the sale of these purifiers is also strong online and will cost 10 percent less as well,” said a customer.
A basic air purifier consists of a three layer filteration system; the first filter is the ‘Pre filter’ which cleanses the solid, slightly large impure particles from the environment like hair, larger dust particles, small insects etc., the second filter is called a ‘Carbon filter’ which absorbs the harmful and toxic fumes, cigarette smoke, foul smell among more and the final step of filtration is called ‘Hapa filter‘, which cleanses the air of any bacteria and viruses. However, features like digital indicators and sound sensors are basically found in the more expensive purifiers.
At the same time, the demand of face covering masks has also critically increased.
To combat the current level of air pollution, which falls under the P3 level of pollution, special N-95 masks have stormed through the markets which are specially equipped for handling such drastic levels of pollution. “I had bought this N-95 mask today itself, because I have been experiencing breathing issues since yesterday. I tried four different pharmacies but it was out of stock everywhere. I finally got it for Rs 200 from a guy who was selling these for twice the cost,” said a passerby.
Another mask user said, “I have been trying to look for the N-95 masks since yesterday but it was out of stock everywhere, that is why I have bought these simple surgical masks for myself and my children, which are priced at Rs 6 per piece.”

No comments: